Advice Session Supervisor
- Manage the practicalities of the advice session and ensure adequate staffing and resource.
- Keep technical knowledge up to date and provide appropriate level of support and supervision to individual workers depending on their level of competence.
- Ensure remedial and developmental issues are identified and acted on to develop individuals, improve the quality of service and ensure clients do not suffer detriment due to poor or inadequate advice.
- Monitor the case records / telephone calls of designated staff to meet the stipulated standard and service level agreement.
- Keep up to date with research and campaigns issues and ensure that this is promoted and integrated in a way relevant to the role.
- Identify learning and development needs of designated staff, contribute to the organisation’s learning and development plan by organising inclusive activities and or one-to-one sessions.
- Maintain effective admin systems and records, work cooperatively with colleagues, encourage good team work and clear lines of communication. Attend regular internal and external meetings.
- Create a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well-managed, dignity at work is upheld and staff perform optimally.
- Participate in the recruitment & selection process as well as induction of new staff
Learning, Development & Training
- Identify learning and development needs of designated staff and contribute to the organisation’s plan.
- Facilitate inclusive group and / or one to one learning and development activities.
- Organise internal and external learning and development activities to ensure the competence and continuing development of designated staff.
- Contribute and co-ordinate the assessment activities and competence of designated staff.
- Develop links with relevant statutory and non-statutory agencies relevant to the role.
- Use skills and competences to promote the organisation and foster good relationships with external organisations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, conduct research and analyse & interpret complex information to produce and present reports clearly.
- Demonstrable understanding of the issues involved in interviewing clients, an up-to-date understanding of equality and diversity – it’s application to providing advice and the supervision and development of staff.
- Commit to, and work within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service, demonstrating the understanding of issues affecting the society and the implications of this on the client and the service.
- Proven ability to manage / supervise others including ability to recruit, develop and motivate staff as well as ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively.
- Proven ability to monitor and maintain service delivery against agreed targets as well as monitor and analyse statistics and check accuracy of calculations.
- Proven ability to supervise and monitor advice work and to maintain casework systems and procedures, use of IT systems and packages, electronic resources in the provision of advice and the preparations of reports and submission.
How to apply
Please use the contact form here and we will send you an application form, a curriculum vitae (CV) will not be accepted.
Total volunteers - all roles (2021)
Paid Staff (2021)
Generously supported by Dover District Council, Dover Town Council, Deal Town Council, and local Parish Councils
Advice Quality Standard
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN: 617587