What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- explore different ways of fundraising to help the local Citizens Advice obtain money, either for specific things, or for ongoing running costs of the local Citizens Advice
- help to organise fundraising events to raise money from the local community and encourage volunteers and staff to get involved
- create materials, such as newsletters or presentations, which can be used to raise the profile of the local Citizens Advice and for raising money
- help to explore other ways of fundraising, including applying for funding bids and contacting local businesses
What's in it for you?
- make a real difference to people's lives
- learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team
- have a positive impact in your community
And we'll reimburse travel expenses too
What do you need to have?
You don't need specific qualifications or skills but you'll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have a positive attitude towards fundraising
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills (we can help you with this if you require it)
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a fundraising volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, 'what you will do' and how we can support you please contact us.