We want to make our service accessible for all. The following list is an example of the help available should you require it.
- Hearing Loop available in all our offices
- If necessary we can arrange for a BSL (British Sign Language) interpreter to be at your interview. Please email us in advance so that we can arrange this if you require it.
- All our offices are wheelchair accessible
- Our Dover and Deal offices have disabled toilets available in our offices.
- Disabled parking bays in Dover are located in the car park outside the office. In Deal there are several car parks with disabled parking bays within about a 5-10 minute walk from our office.
- If you would prefer to contact us by email you can do so here. Click here to send us an email
- If you require a shorter or longer appointment due a disability please let us know when we book your appointment.
- Extra help cards are available if you would like them, they are available from all our offices. Or you can download them here
- We have translators available to us by telephone, should you require one.
- We can accommodate therapy animals as well.
Accessibility Statement for doverdealadvice.co.uk
This accessibility statement applies to doverdealadvice.co.uk
This website is run by Dover, Deal & District Citizens Advice. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using sppech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent version of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email: Contact Us
- Call: 01304 202442
- Post: The Cedars, 26 Victoria Road, Deal, CT14 7BJ
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: Chief Officer via our contact form, please see the link above..
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Dover, Deal & District Citizens Advice is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
To the best of our knowledge this website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 13/01/2021. It was last reviewed on 20/01/2021.
This website was last tested on 19/01/2021. We carried out our own testing using Google Lighthouse Developer Tool and WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool) from WebAIM. All pages on our site were tested using the methods described.